Could you give me your help in picking the title for my next book (October 2009)? This book will be primarily on community (e.g., fellowship, relationships, etc.). As you know this is an important theme in the cell church/small group world.
Yet, there are a lot of books on community, so we decided to focus on how a follower of Jesus needs to be more relational and community oriented. I will establish the problem (isolationism/individualism) and talk about how God uses community relationships to make us more like him. And yes, I will talk about how those leading future groups need to be shaped in community.
My editor felt it would be best to use the term “disciple” or “discipleship” to broaden the audience (some won’t pick up a book on leadership). However, I’ve received some feedback from those who think I should direct this book toward future leaders (this has been an emphasis in my past books). I’d like to know what you think.
Could you give me your #1 and #2 favorites:
- The Relational Disciple: the priority of living in community
- The Relational Leader: from Isolationism to Community
- Relational Discipleship: how God Uses Community to Shape Followers of Jesus
- Relational Leadership: how God Uses Community to Shape Us
- Relationships: how God uses Community to Shape Us as Followers of Jesus