Jesus is the Reason for the Season
The angels in Luke 2 couldn’t contain the good news about an extraordinary babe in the manger. And this season we celebrate the God-man who came to give us:
Knowledge: Jesus gave us true knowledge of the Father. He portrayed a loving, caring Father–so different from the impersonal deities of that time period. Jesus showed us that God is love. In fact, He loved the world so much He came down Himself to die for the sins of the world.
Purpose: The incarnation, death, and resurrection of Jesus gives us reason to live. Christ’s birth and death sets us free to live holistic, joyful lives. We are not a freak accident of nature. Rather, God has a perfect plan for each of us, and one day we will live forever with Him in heaven.
Dignity: Christ’s birth among the lowly reminds us that God desires to reach all of His creation. While on earth, Jesus demonstrated his love for the oppressed, the impoverished, the sick, and those on the margins of society. Jesus gave new dignity to women. Christ’s birth gives new new confidence and hope.
Christmas is all about Christ, and it’s a privilege to share this knowledge with others. Christmas is a great time to invite people to the cell group to focus on Jesus, enjoy a meal, or reach out through meeting needs as a group.
Since cell church is a two wing ministry, the cells come together to celebrate Christ and to invite those who don’t know Jesus. This year, Christmas eve is December 24, so it’s a great opportunity to exalt Jesus and share the good news that Christ came to rescue men and women from death to life.
In December, let’s talk about focusing on Jesus in cell and celebration. We will only blog for two weeks and then take a break from December 17, 2017 to January 07, 2018. f you’d like to receive these blogs daily in your inbox, click here. We’ll cover:
- December 03-09. Exalting Jesus in the cell. Jesus loves sinners and he would be honored to have a special house party in his name where non-Christians would be present. Or maybe a gift exchange while honoring the greatest gift, Christ’s coming to this earth
- December 10-16. Celebrating Jesus in the larger gathering. Sunday celebration is a great time to invite pre-Christians who feel obligated to attend a religious Christian service. Cell members can also participate in honoring Jesus during the celebration service by inviting people and taking part in the service.
Feel free to share about how you are honoring Jesus this year.
Joel Comiskey and Jim Egli’s 2018 book, Groups that Thrive: 7 Surprising Discoveries about Life-Giving Small Groups will be available in March 2018.
Free articles and resources here
Free shipping for all books shipped in U.S.
Read parts of Joel Comiskey’s book, Children in Cell Ministry, here.
Ebook for 2000 Years of Small Groups
All books here.
2018 JCG Event in Reseda, California
We will have our annual JCG event in the Elim Reseda Church, on March 9-11, 2018 (notice the extended schedule). Mario Vega and Joel Comiskey will be ministering in Spanish and simultaneous English translation will be available. There will be additional speakers on Friday night and Saturday night.
2018 JCG Event in Falls Church, Virginia
- We will be holding our third JCG conference in Virgina/Washington D.C. area at the Elim Church Virginia area on September 01, 2018. You can register here.
JCG offers coaching
- Do you need help with your cell ministry? Perhaps you are making a transition to cell ministry and would like a coach to help you in the process. Or maybe you’re planing a new cell church. For more information on receiving coaching, please email us or call 1-888-511-9995.
Desire a cell seminar in your church? Click here
- Sign up now to get the JCG blog sent daily to your email inbox for free. Go to the blog site and place your email address in the box on the upper right side
- Find out more about how you can invest in (donate to) JCG, a non-profit ministry