What is your vision for 2010? What is God leading you to accomplish in your church in 2010? Perhaps your groups are too large and you need to give birth to new ones. Or maybe they’re too small and you need to stir your people to develop relationships with unchurched people. Or perhaps God is leading you to build deeper community within your existing small groups. For example, at my church, Wellspring, God is speaking to us about doing a better job of coaching our leaders and making sure they stay healthy in 2010. Coaching is so critical for the long-term health of cell groups, and we at Wellspring need to do a better job of it. I’m coaching another church planting pastor who needs to develop an equipping track in 2010.
I recommend the following process:
- Spend time in God’s presence and His Word to discover His plan for you this next year.
- Get team buy-in, whether at a staff level or core team level within your cell group. Don’t try to fulfill the vision alone.
- Take baby-steps. Remember that a 1000 mile journey begins with a single step.
- Evaluate your vision throughout the year. It’s okay to make mid-term adjustments. Work as a team to fulfill the vision.
- Celebrate what God has done at the end of the year.
We at JCG would like to help resource your vision through:
- Blogs. Monday through Thursday we provide blogs about cell church ministry from practitioners in the field, including the senior pastor of the second largest church in the world. Sign up here to receive these blogs in your email inbox.
- Articles. In the article section of our website, you’ll find helpful information on cell church ministry (including a list of recommended books).
- Coaching. We provide coaching to help you better fulfill God’s plan for your church.
- Seminars. Check out the seminar for 2010, and we want to especially emphasize the Day with Joel and Mario on February 24, 2010.
Please comment HERE on the vision God has given you and your church for 2010. What do you plan on doing about it? How can JCG help you in the process?